|The neutrality of this article needs to be checked. This article is largely or entirely based on text from public domain United States government sources. This article may express the point of view of the United States government or may contain an unbalanced critical assessment. It may require editing to put it in compliance with Wikipedia's neutral point of view policy.(April 2010)|
|This article's introduction section may not adequately summarize its contents. To comply with Wikipedia's lead section guidelines, please consider expanding the lead to provide an accessible overview of the article's key points. (April 2010)|
Abdul Haddi Bin Hadiddi is a citizen of Tunisia currently held in the United States Guantanamo Bay detainment camps, in Cuba. The Department of Defense reports that he was born on March 18, 1969, in Bir'Alash, [sic] Tunisia and assigned him the Internment Serial Number 717.
As of October 11, 2010, Abdul Haddi Bin Hadiddi has been held at Guantanamo for eight years two month.
Combatant Status ReviewEdit
- Main article: Combatant Status Review Tribunal
- a. The detainee is associated with al Qaida and the Taliban:
- The detainee is ############## who traveled to Jalalabad, Afghanistan via Morocco; and Pakistan in August 2001.
- The detainee was identified as a suspected terrorist facilitator in Italy and as being a suspected member of the Algerian Armed Islamic Group.
- The Algerian Armed Islamic Group is listed as a terrorist organization.
- The detainee was identified by a senior al Qaida operative as an individual known to be a good document forger in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- The same senior al Qaida operative noted that the detainee was familiar with the Tunisians in Italy.
- The detainee and ############# reportedly were recruited in Italy and eventually indoctrinated and mobilized for the "Defense of the Islamic Cause in Bosnia, Chechnya and Afghanistan".
- The detainee reportedly received military training on the use of light arms in the Derunta Camp in Jalalabad, Afghanistan.
- The detainee may have associated with the Taliban near Khowst, Afghanistan.
- The detainee possibly has been associated with Tunisian training camps in Afghanistan.
- The detainee possibly has been associated with the Tunisian Combat Group (TCG/CGT) who declared Jihad against the west in support of Usama Bin Ladin.
- The Tunisian Combat Group (TCG/CGT) is listed as a terrorist organization and is associated with al Qaida.
- The detainee was captured in Peshawar, Pakistan.
There is no record that Hadiddi chose to participate in his Combatant Status Review Tribunal.
- ↑ list of prisoners (.pdf), US Department of Defense, May 15, 2006
- ↑ http://projects.nytimes.com/guantanamo/detainees/717-abdul-haddi-bin-hadiddi
- ↑ Summary of Evidence (.pdf) prepared for Abdul Haddi Bin Hadiddi's Combatant Status Review Tribunals - October 13, 2004 - page 53
- The Guantánamo Files: Website Extras (10) – Seized in Pakistan (Part Two) Andy Worthington
- Who Are the Remaining Prisoners in Guantánamo? Part Seven: Captured in Pakistan (3 of 3) Andy Worthington, October 13, 2010