Abdullah Ghofoor is a citizen of Afghanistan who was held in extrajudicial detention in the United States Guantanamo Bay detainment camps, in Cuba. His Guantanamo Internment Serial Number was 351. American counter-terrorism analysts estimate he was born in 1971, in Keshai, Afghanistan.
Guantanamo medical recordsEdit
On November 25, 2009, the Department of Defense published a list of the dates captives were transferred from Guantanamo. According to that list Abdullah Ghofoor was transferred on March 14 2004.
Claim he re-engaged in terrorist activityEdit
On May 27, 2009, the Defense Intelligence Agency published a "fact sheet" that asserted he had "re-engaged in terrorism" following his repatriation. The DIA fact sheet asserted he was a Taliban commander. The DIA fact sheet stated he was "planning attacks on U.S. and Afghan forces" and was "killed in a raid by Afghan security forces."
- ↑ OARDEC (2006-05-15). "List of Individuals Detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba from January 2002 through May 15, 2006". United States Department of Defense. http://www.dod.mil/news/May2006/d20060515%20List.pdf. Retrieved 2007-09-29.
- ↑ The Journey of Death -- Over 700 prisoners illegally rendered to Guantanamo Bay with the help of Portugal.  2008-01-28 mirror
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Consolidated chronological listing of GTMO detainees released, transferred or deceased  OARDEC 2008-10-09
- ↑ JTF-GTMO (2007-03-16). "Measurements of Heights and Weights of Individuals Detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba". Department of Defense. http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/detainees/measurements/. Retrieved 2008-12-22. mirror
- ↑ Heights, weights, and in-processing dates  JTF-GTMO 2006-03-16
- ↑ Fact sheet: Former Guantanamo detainee terrorism trends  2009-04-07
- ↑ Former Gitmo Detainees Who Returned to Terrorism  2009-12-20